Terms and Conditions of Business
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS.
“THE INTRODUCTORY SERVICE” REFERS TO AT2 AU PAIRS “THE CLIENT” REFERS TO THE CLIENT WHO ENGAGES THE INTRODUCTORY SERVICE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING SERVICES
- These terms and conditions shall in all respect apply to and govern all contracts or agreements made between the client and The Introductory Service. The Introductory Service acts as an Agent solely for the purpose of effecting Introductions between Families and applicant Au pairs, Cleaners, Carers, Au pair plus(s) and/or Mother’s helps.
Engagement of any Applicant through the Introductory Service, where an introduction is made, is an acceptance of these terms and conditions of Business and the full fee is payable in advance of the placement. Any fees charged are solely for introductions and shall not be divulged to the applicant under any circumstances.
- The Introductory Service shall register the client upon receipt of a duly completed Family Application Form and the Pre-search fee of £50.
Upon registration of the client, The Introductory Service agrees to supply to the client details of the applicant.
- If the client wishes to engage the au-pair, cleaners, carers, au-pair plus and/or Mother’s help, the client shall send the placement fee to the Introductory Service.
The Agency shall upon receipt of the placement fee, make arrangements for the placement of the applicant with the client. All fees are payable immediately at the time of acceptance of the applicant.
A non refundable Pre-Search fee of £50 for UK families (and £50 for International families) is due on submission of the family application form.
Fixed placements fees are:
• 2 months £175
• 6 months £250
• 12 months £350
Maximum Introductory fee chargeable from inception with the client is 4 years.
- For renewal of Introductory placement, renewal fees are due exactly 1 month before expiration of the current contract duration. Families who do not renew within the required time frame will not have the chance to renew with the current worker and will have to pay a new search fee for a new placement.
- In the event of the Applicant leaving the family unilaterally not due to any fault of the family; a replacement will be made. A credit will be put on the family’s file if a replacement is no longer needed.
- REFUNDS – We do not refund placement fees. Maximum Introductory fee is 4 years.
- The Introductory Service shall provide replacements within the period of the contract. Families must ensure they ask all necessary questions to ensure the Applicant will perform their duties to suit the requirements of the Family. The Introductory Service does not provide refund or replacement au-pair for “Short Term” or “Summer au-pair” placements.
- Should a Client require a replacement Applicant and make alternative arrangements via another source or if the second replacement Applicant in
(7) above proves to be unsatisfactory, no refund will be given.
- If a Client originally refused an Applicant offered by the Introductory Service and subsequently engages same Applicant, an invoice for the full placement fee will be issued to the Client for immediate payment.
- Following the set up of a meeting between the Client and the Applicant, the agreement of an engagement must be arranged through the Introductory Service. The Applicant must not be approached for an engagement directly by the Client.
- Termination of work by either party must be by 14 days notice.
However, in the event of serious misconduct, either party shall be entitled to terminate the engagement with immediate effect. The client shall provide accommodation and pocket money in full for the Applicant for a period of 14 days in the event of termination of the engagement.
Introductory Service must be notified in writing by post, fax or e-mail stating the reasons for the termination and the Applicant shall be referred to the Agency for record update.
- Although every effort is made by The Agency to ensure that Applicants introduced to Clients are suitable for the position offered, The Agency cannot be held responsible in any way for the character and suitability of any Applicant, accuracy of references, medical certificates and personal details supplied by the au-pair and is hereby expressly excluded from all liability whatsoever either directly or indirectly arising from the introduction of an Applicant.
- In the event of the Client transferring or passing the names and addresses of an Applicant at any time to any other person, the original Client will be liable for the full placement fee in respect of the Applicant should an engagement result. The Placement Fee shall be such sum as is from time to time payable to The Agency.
- In the event of the client re-engaging an Applicant introduced by The Introductory Service within six months of having previously declined the services of that Applicant; The Introductory Service must be notified immediately of any such arrangement and the Client will be liable to The Introductory Service for payment of the Placement Fee as is charged from time to time by The Introductory Service.
- Whilst reasonable effort is made by the Introductory Service to ensure Applicants are respectful, responsible and trustworthy, the Introductory Service shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Client for any dishonest or negligent act or omission committed by the Applicant before or after engagement by the Client. In addition The Introductory Service shall not be responsible for any breach by the Applicant of the agreed terms of engagement.
- The Introductory Service shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, damage, cost, expense, injury or inconvenience suffered or incurred by the Client arising from the Applicant or in any way connected with an Applicant to the client.
- Disputes, disagreements, incidents, damages, etc. arising between the Applicant and the Client resulting from the negotiations and/or the engagement shall be the responsibility of the Client and the Applicant and shall be resolved between the both parties and not the Introductory Service.
- For Applicants sourced overseas, it is the responsibility of the Client to collect the Applicant on arrival in the UK and departure from the UK. If the Applicant is not met, he/she may be placed at another host family and no refund or replacement will be made. The Introductory Service is not responsible for the cost of overseas telephone calls or travel expenses.
- In the event of the Applicant failing to arrive, the Introductory Service will commence a fresh search for a replacement. The full fee is retained by the Introductory Service should the family decide not to accept the Applicant after the engagement of the Applicant has been accepted by either:
•Mutual acceptance upon interview
•Letter to the Applicant from the family or the Introductory Service confirming invitation •Verbal acceptance via the telephone or acceptance by fax or e-mail.
- It is hereby expressly agreed and declared between the parties that nothing contained herein shall be constructed as a partnership or intended partnership between the Client and the Introductory Service and neither party shall have any authority to bind or commit the other in any manner whatsoever.
- It is the family’s responsibility to check all the necessary credentials of the au pair/mother’s help/au pair plus introduced to them by the Introductory Service. Furthermore, all CRB and police checks, Facebook and Google checks should be administered by the families.
- A 24 hours emergency cover fee of £19.99 is payable for all next day cover requests. This fee is payable by all families at the time of booking the emergency cover.
AT2 AU PAIRS